Turning spaces into places
- Designing sustainable urban solutions for growing cities and large-scale property developments.
- Leaders in urban renewal and the ongoing management of areas, precincts or improvement districts.
- Three pillars of success
- Comprehensive upfront advisory service, feasibility studies, financial and business planning, taking into account heritage issues and future marketing strategies.
- Hands on experience in working with the public and private sectors covering safety and crime prevention, cleaning and maintenance, informal traders and public transport service providers.
- Ongoing provision of services benchmarked to specific and measurable standards, includes public safety, maintenance, cleaning and recycling among others.
- Retail Improvement District – now a district that attracts shoppers to a diverse range of informal traders as well as big brand tenants, and includes a high residential component.
- Braamfontein Improvement District (BID) – this collaboration between the BID, The Trinity Session and Johannesburg Development Agency has transformed a precinct that had fallen into disrepair. Up-and-coming artists, galleries, eateries and a buzzing student life are now standard fare in this historical area of Johannesburg.
- Rosebank Management District – widely regarded for its development into a leading business and residential area, the district has undergone significant improvements in security, cleaning and
public space-making. The rejuvenation has enabled the node to cultivate its history and grow into a prime location for businesses and residents to work, live and play.